Import from third countries
Goods of non-commercial character imported in the personal luggage of a traveller are entitled to relief from import duties, value added tax and excise duties if they are imported occasionally and intended for personal or family use of the traveller or as presents. The nature and the quality of goods must not be such as to indicate that they are imported for commercial purposes. When importing tobacco products and alcohol beverages, relief from import duties (customs duties, VAT and excise duty) can only be granted for the following quantities:
Tobacco and tobacco products:
- 200 pieces of cigarettes, or
- 100 pieces of cigarillos (cigars not exceeding 3 grams), or
- 50 pieces of cigars, or
- 250 grams of smoking tobacco, or
a proportional assortment of these different products.
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages:
- 1 litre of alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength exceeding 22 % vol or undenatured alcohol of 80 % vol and over, or
- 2 litres of alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22 % vol, or a proportional assortment of these different products, and
- 4 litres of still wine, and
- 16 litres of beer.
Travellers under 17 years of age shall not be entitled to relief at import of tobacco products and alcohol or alcoholic beverages.
Did you know?
With respect to relief from import duties, a traveller in air and maritime traffic means any passenger travelling by air or sea for purposes other than private pleasure-flying or private pleasure sea-navigation.
Introduction of goods from other EU Member States
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages as well as tobacco products introduced into Slovenia from another Member State by a natural person for their personal use shall not be subject to excise duties if the quantities below are not exceeded at the moment of entry:
- 800 pieces of cigarettes or 100 ml of filler for electronic cigarettes or 800 rolls of tobacco for heating,
- 400 pieces of cigarillos,
- 200 pieces of cigars,
- 1 kilo of fine-cut tobacco or other smoking tobacco,
- 10 litres of spirits,
- 20 litres of intermediate products,
- 90 litres of wine, including a maximum of 60 litres of sparkling wines,
- 110 litres of beer.