What documents must a driver have in the vehicle during the transport of passengers?
A driver engaged by a national transport operator or a Community transport operator must have the following documents in the vehicle during the transport of passengers:
- a valid copy of the licence, Community licence or Community authorisation of the transport operator who the driver performs the transport operation for;
- a valid driving licence with the affixed Community code which certifies the driver’s initial qualification or a valid driver qualification card;
- a certificate for performing international own-account passenger transport operation, if the driver is engaged in such transport, in a vehicle that has more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat;
- a written rental or lease contract or any other contract according to which the driver has the right to use the vehicle (e.g. a leasing contract etc.), if the transport operator is not the owner of the vehicle;
- when performing international transport, all authorisations and permits if required for the transport concerned by Community regulations, international agreements or regulations and acts in force in the Republic of Slovenia;
- when performing regular national passenger transport services by road, a copy of the valid timetable for the service on which the transport is performed or a possibility to obtain a printout of the timetable;
- when performing periodic shuttle services, an authorisation granted by the local community, a confirmed price list and a form for performing periodic shuttle services or a possibility to obtain its printout;
- when performing special regular passenger transport services for transporting other types of passengers and in the case of transport services intended for the same public group as regular transport, an authorisation granted by the public transport authority;
- when performing demand responsive transport services where a local community or several local communities carry out and finance the demand responsive transport service, a copy of the authorisation granted by the public transport authority;
- vehicles intended for the performance of taxi transport services must have a mark affixed in a visible place on the vehicle showing the data on the transport operator and the licence number.
What must a driver performing passenger transport operations have in the vehicle regarding driving times, rests and break times?
In the event of control, the driver must present to the official the following documents:
- Where an analogue tachograph is used:
- the record sheets for the current day and those used by the driver in the previous 28 days;
- the driver card, if he holds one, and
- any manual records or printouts made during the current day and the previous 28 days as required under Regulation (EC) No 165/2014 and Regulation (EC) No 561/2006.
- Where a digital tachograph is used:
- his driver card;
- any manual records and printouts made during the current day and the previous 28 days as required under Regulation (EC) No 165/2014 and Regulation (EC) No 561/2006;
- record sheets for the current day and those the driver used in the previous 28 days during which period he drove a vehicle fitted with an analogue tachograph;
- six types of printouts (a printout of the driver activities from the driver card, a printout of the driver activities from the tachograph, a printout of events and faults from the card, a printout of events and faults from the tachograph, a printout of technical data and a printout of speeding.