Republic of Slovenia

Financial Administration

Default Arial Arial bold Verdana Verdana bold Open dyslexic Open dyslexic alta Century Gothic / Didact Gothic
Default Color scheme 1 Color scheme 2 Color scheme 3 Color scheme 4 Color scheme 5 Color scheme 6 Color scheme 7 Color scheme 8 Color scheme 9 Color scheme 10
Default Font size 14pt Font size 16pt Font size 18pt Font size 20pt
Font size 125% Font size 150% Font size 200%

Coming to Slovenia


Foreign company, performing business in Slovenia

Foreign company that wants to carry on business in Slovenia through a branch or any other legal form is required to register its activity in Slovenia. Companies with a registered seat in another EU Member State can carry on business in Slovenia directly. However, they are required to identify themselves for tax purposes by applying for a tax identification number – TIN. Upon the receipt of TIN they are entered into the Tax Register.

Information on how to obtain a tax identification number for foreign legal persons.

A legal entity that on the territory of Slovenia has no seat of their business activities nor permanent establishment nor permanent or usual residence (hereinafter: the taxable person without the seat in Slovenia) and performs economic activities in Slovenia, is considered a taxable person for purposes of Value Added Tax Act.

Further information on Value Added Tax – VAT and identification for the purposes of VAT.

A foreign company, performing business in Slovenia is subject to Slovenian Corporate Income Tax, if their activities qualify as being carried on in Slovenia through a business unit of a non-resident (permanent establishment) situated therein.

More information on conditions when business activities qualify as being carried on through a business unit (permanent establishment – PE) and on its tax liabilities in Slovenia can be found in section Questions & Answers.